ACT and SAT Test Information
ACT and SAT Test Information
- These standardized tests are used for college admissions in the United
- One test is not better than the other, it is based on the student’s
- Some vocational-technical schools may require ACT/SAT test for
- Students need to research the school(s) they want to attend to: identify if the ACT/SAT is required for admission, what scores are desired, and if the student is required to take the essay portion of the
- The ACT and SAT tests both cost money. In order to receive a waiver that allows a student to take either test for free, here are the eligibility requirements:
- The annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (student officially qualifies receives free/reduced lunch).
- The student is enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g. Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- The family of the student receives public assistance (TANF or SNAP, any other public assistance).
- The student lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or is homeless.
- The student is a ward of the state or an
- A student may receive up to 2 SAT and 2 ACT
- If you feel that you qualify for a waiver application, see/email Ms. Bazunu at the KHS campus or Ms. Sprouse at the CFAA campus. The form must be signed and returned to Ms. Bazunu/Ms. Sprouse in order to receive the
ACT Test Dates
Register at: www.actstudent.org
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline (Late Fee Required)||Complete Score Release|
|September 8, 2018||August 10, 2018||August 11-26, 2018||September 18, 2018-November 2, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29-October 14, 2018||November 13, 2018-January 1, 2019|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3-19, 2018||December 18, 2018-February 1, 2019|
|February 9, 2019||January 11, 2019||January 12-18, 2019||February 20, 2019-April 5, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 9-25, 2019||April 23, 2019-June 7, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-20, 2019||June 18, 2019-August 2, 2019|
|July 13, 2019||June 14, 2019||June 15-24, 2019||July 23, 2019-August 26, 2019|
ACT $46.00, ACT w/ Writing $62.50, Late Fees $29.50, Check website for Subject Tests dates & costs.
Online ACT Tutoring
- ACT Academy (Free Online Learning Program) @ https://academy.act.org/
- ACT Kaplan Online Prep Live (Search Google). This is a paid subscription service but it is free for those who receive the waiver.
SAT Test Dates
Register at: www.collegeboard.org
|SAT Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline (Late Fee Required)|
|August 25, 2018||July 27, 2018||August 15, 2018|
|October 6, 2018||September 7, 2018||September 26, 2018|
|November 3, 2018||October 5, 2018||October 24, 2018|
|December 1, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 20, 2018|
|March 9, 2019||February 8, 2019||February 27, 2019|
|May 4, 2019||April 5, 2019||April 24, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 22, 2019|
SAT $47.50, SAT w/ Essay $64.50 Late Fees $29.00, Check website for Subject Tests dates & costs.
Score Release Dates: Most SAT scores are released about two weeks after test day. June scores take longer, up to six weeks.
Online SAT Tutoring
- Get free practice and personalized tutoring for the SAT with Khan Academy @ khanacademy.org
All tests offered at KHS will be in the Freshman Academy.