Riding the School Bus
Any student, who does not abide by the rules stated below, will be disciplined and may be suspended from the bus. Riding a school bus is a privilege, not a right.
- Stand away from roadway while awaiting bus.
- The emergency door must not be tampered with and must not be used for ordinary boarding and alighting.
- Keep arms and head inside windows.
- Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing. Cross the roadway 3 or 4 steps in front of the bus.
- Please do not move within the bus while it is in motion.
- Outside of ordinary conversation, classroom conduct is to be observed.
- The driver and/or attendant are in full charge of bus and pupils. Pupils must obey driver and/or attendant.
- The driver and/or attendant have the right to assign pupils certain seats if necessary to promote order on bus.
- No eating, drinking or smoking allowed on bus.
- Pupils must be on time; ten minutes before bus is scheduled. The bus cannot wait for those who are tardy.
- Animals, pets, etc. are not allowed on bus.
- Students are to be absolutely quiet at railroad crossings.
- When you get up on a school day and the fog is thick; be sure to listen to the radio for any information regarding the school bus schedule. If no definite information is given by radio, go to your bus stop as usual and wait for the bus to arrive. While waiting for the bus, be very careful to stay away from the edge of the pavement to avoid being hit by a motorist who drives carelessly when conditions are unsafe. The bus will make the run even though it may not be on schedule.
- Remind your child to move away from the bus as soon as they disembark, never crawl under the bus for any reason.
- Students are entitled to bus Transportation from/to the closest stop located nearest their residence only.
- You may visit our website at http://www.polk-fl.net/districtinfo/departments/supportservices/ to see if your child’s bus is delayed for any reason. Bus changes are announced over the intercom at the conclusion of every school day to all of the students, including our CFAA campus. Changes occur often; it is imperative that students listen for changes.
If a student is riding home with another student, they will need a note written and signed by their parent/guardian. The student must turn the note into the main office so that it can be verified and approved by school administration.