Please pay attention to deadlines. You don’t want to miss out on a scholarship opportunity because you missed the day it was due.
Remember: completing the FAFSA helps to open opportunities to grants and scholarships, it’s not just for student loans.
Many scholarships are now requesting students submit the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) as proof of need so without the FAFSA completion they will not have the necessary information
Current Scholarship Information
Class of 2018
- $1,500 Unigo Make Me Laugh Scholarship – apply by Aug. 31
- $5,000 Course Hero Scholarship – Apply by Aug. 31
- $2,00 Niche “No Essay” College Scholarship – Apply by Aug 31
- 2017 TCNJ Scholarship Program is designed to worthy students choosing to pursue a graduate or undergraduate degree in marketing. – Apply by August 29
- Brooks Law Group Fall Scholarship Opportunity – Apply before November 1, 2017
Scholarship Search Engines and Scholarship Programs
- Scholly– A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund– The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- Back to School Scholarships – Fastweb Back To School Scholarship List
- List of available scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
- Scholarship Themes – List of FastWeb Scholarship Themes
- List of themed scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students are encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
Organizations that offer Scholarships
FAMU FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
All incoming and current students can sign-up to be matched to all donor-based scholarships available through the FAMU Foundation. Students can go to www.famuscholarships.com using their current iRattler credentials.
Southern Scholarship Foundation (Housing Scholarship)
African American Scholarships (various areas)
The Big Sun Scholarships (Students on Sports Teams)
AES Engineering Scholarships (Essay)
Josh Gibson Foundation Scholarship (Baseball Essay)
Scholarship Information from prior school year.
Many of these listed here will offer scholarships again this year. Check out the links and deadlines.
Suncoast Credit Union Scholarship – Due Friday, April 28th
B. Davis Scholarship – deadline is May 22
Denis Fountaine Memorial Scholarship – postmarked by Monday, May 1st or hand delivered to the PEF office by Wed., May 3rd.
Top Gun The window for the scholarship will be open on April 25, 2017 at 8 am EST and close on May 3, 2017 at 3 pm EST.
Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants – Juniors and Seniors may apply Scholarship Deadline — June 12, 2017 There is still time for students to apply. Visit our website at http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm to learn more about this opportunity.
SeniorAdvisor.com: Future of Assisted Living Scholarship. Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Each eligible student must submit a 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town? Deadline is December 31, 2017. Scholarship award recipients will be announced January 31, 2018.
Essay topic and scholarship details can be found on the SeniorAdvisor.com Assisted Living page. This is an annual scholarship and will be offered every year.
Scholarship for Athletes – BigSun Scholarship Deadline June 19, 2017 visit http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
06/15/17 Horatio Alger Technical Scholarship application.horatioal ger.org Seniors who intend to pursue postsecondary ed at a community college or technical school in fall 2017. Financial need (Pell eligible), exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity, U.S. citizen up to $2,500. GPA-not stated. For seniors
06/30/17 Scobee Scholarship – Florida Assoc for the Gifted http://flagifted.org/ Scobee-Scholarship Current juniors staffed into gifted program; interested in pursuing studies in the areas of math/science/technology. App will ask for “GIFTED – Initial Staffing Date”. You may contact Heather James, Itenerant Teacher of the Gifted at Heather.James@polk-fl.net for the information. 2 – $1,000 GPA-not stated. For juniors
07/03/17 Agricultural and Labor Program Arabell Wiggins Scholarship contact guidance for application Be a resident of Winter Haven, Bartow, Auburndale, Polk City, Lake Alfred, Haines City, Davenport, Mulberry, or Lakeland; accepted into community college or university; family may or may not have received services from one of The Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc. affiliated programs. 3 letters of recommendation, transcript, personal essay (300 words), statement of financial need. $500. GPA-not stated. For Seniors.
10/13/17 YoungArts youngarts.org National arts competition. Between the ages of 15-18; will accept applications in Cinematic Arts, Classical Music, Dance, Design Arts, Jazz, Photography, Theater, Visual Arts, Voice, Writing. Suggested to work with your departmental teacher on the application/audition requirements. Up to $10,000. GPA-not stated. For ages 15 to 18