Please pay attention to deadlines. You don’t want to miss out on a scholarship opportunity because you missed the day it was due.
Remember: completing the FAFSA helps to open opportunities to grants and scholarships, it’s not just for student loans.
Many scholarships are now requesting students submit the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) as proof of need so without the FAFSA completion they will not have the necessary information
College application fee waived
Florida Gulf CoastUniversity
I am please to announce that Florida Gulf Coast University will be having a Free Application Week October 22, 2017 through October 28, 2017 in wake of Hurricane Irma. Below are the details:
No Application Fee for Florida Residents: 10/22/17 through 10/28/17
The 2017 Hurricane Season had a significant impact on many Florida students and their families. In light of this impact, Florida Gulf Coast University will have a No Application Fee Required (Florida Residents) week. If you are a resident of Florida, and apply to FGCU between October 22, 2017 and October 28, 2017, you may use the code below to complete your application. No Application Fee Required!
Application Fee Waiver Code: FREEAPP2017
- If you qualify for the free application week waiver, then go to Future Eagle to create an account or start an application.
- At the end of the application, which is the Signature section, you will see a green button that says “Pay Fee and Submit Application.” Click on this button to go to the Submit Payment page.
- In the Summary of Charges section, enter “FREEAPP2017” in the Promo Code box. This code is only active between October 22, 2017 and October 28, 2017 for applicants who live in Florida.
- Click the “Apply Code” button. You should receive notification that states, “100% discount applied” and the Undergraduate Application Fee should have $0 dollar amount. Click the “Next” button at the bottom of this page.
Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions office at email@example.com or 239-590-7915 with any questions you may have.
University of Florida
Greetings from the University of Florida Office of Admissions. We have several important updates that we wish to share with you.
- The freshman application deadline has been extended to November 15.
- In support of Florida Governor Rick Scott’s commitment to help the residents of Puerto Rico affected by Hurricane Maria, the freshman application fee will be waived for students from Puerto Rico as well as students from the U.S. Virgin Islands. Students from these two U.S territories can contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> to request the waiver. In addition, we will continue to work with students affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma on a case- by-case basis for any challenges they are still facing. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions.
- The University of Florida Welcome Center will be closed on Thursday, October 19. There will not be tours scheduled on this day.
Please contact our office at 352-392-1365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> if there is anything that we can help you with.
Current Scholarship Information
Class of 2018
- $1,500 Unigo Make Me Laugh Scholarship – apply by Aug. 31
- $5,000 Course Hero Scholarship – Apply by Aug. 31
- $2,00 Niche “No Essay” College Scholarship – Apply by Aug 31
- 2017 TCNJ Scholarship Program is designed to worthy students choosing to pursue a graduate or undergraduate degree in marketing. – Apply by August 29
- Brooks Law Group Fall Scholarship Opportunity – Apply before November 1, 2017
- Reach Higher – information for students
- Law students – scholarship for students currently enrolled in a legal academy or a law enforcment academy.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship Opportunity
- Florida State Scholarship
- Engineering Scholarship
B. Davis Scholarship – Application Procedure To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic below:
|Your submissions must be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.|
Scholarship Search Engines and Scholarship Programs
- Scholly– A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund– The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- Back to School Scholarships – Fastweb Back To School Scholarship List
- List of available scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
- Scholarship Themes – List of FastWeb Scholarship Themes
- List of themed scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students are encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
Organizations that offer Scholarships
FAMU FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
All incoming and current students can sign-up to be matched to all donor-based scholarships available through the FAMU Foundation. Students can go to www.famuscholarships.com using their current iRattler credentials.
Southern Scholarship Foundation (Housing Scholarship)
African American Scholarships (various areas)
The Big Sun Scholarships (Students on Sports Teams)
AES Engineering Scholarships (Essay)
Josh Gibson Foundation Scholarship (Baseball Essay)
Scholarship Information from prior school year.
Many of these listed here will offer scholarships again this year. Check out the links and deadlines.
Suncoast Credit Union Scholarship – Due Friday, April 28th
B. Davis Scholarship – deadline is May 22
Denis Fountaine Memorial Scholarship – postmarked by Monday, May 1st or hand delivered to the PEF office by Wed., May 3rd.
Top Gun The window for the scholarship will be open on April 25, 2017 at 8 am EST and close on May 3, 2017 at 3 pm EST.
Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants – Juniors and Seniors may apply Scholarship Deadline — June 12, 2017 There is still time for students to apply. Visit our website at http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm to learn more about this opportunity.
SeniorAdvisor.com: Future of Assisted Living Scholarship. Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Each eligible student must submit a 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town? Deadline is December 31, 2017. Scholarship award recipients will be announced January 31, 2018.
Essay topic and scholarship details can be found on the SeniorAdvisor.com Assisted Living page. This is an annual scholarship and will be offered every year.
Scholarship for Athletes – BigSun Scholarship Deadline June 19, 2017 visit http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
06/15/17 Horatio Alger Technical Scholarship application.horatioal ger.org Seniors who intend to pursue postsecondary ed at a community college or technical school in fall 2017. Financial need (Pell eligible), exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity, U.S. citizen up to $2,500. GPA-not stated. For seniors
06/30/17 Scobee Scholarship – Florida Assoc for the Gifted http://flagifted.org/ Scobee-Scholarship Current juniors staffed into gifted program; interested in pursuing studies in the areas of math/science/technology. App will ask for “GIFTED – Initial Staffing Date”. You may contact Heather James, Itenerant Teacher of the Gifted at Heather.James@polk-fl.net for the information. 2 – $1,000 GPA-not stated. For juniors
07/03/17 Agricultural and Labor Program Arabell Wiggins Scholarship contact guidance for application Be a resident of Winter Haven, Bartow, Auburndale, Polk City, Lake Alfred, Haines City, Davenport, Mulberry, or Lakeland; accepted into community college or university; family may or may not have received services from one of The Agricultural and Labor Program, Inc. affiliated programs. 3 letters of recommendation, transcript, personal essay (300 words), statement of financial need. $500. GPA-not stated. For Seniors.
10/13/17 YoungArts youngarts.org National arts competition. Between the ages of 15-18; will accept applications in Cinematic Arts, Classical Music, Dance, Design Arts, Jazz, Photography, Theater, Visual Arts, Voice, Writing. Suggested to work with your departmental teacher on the application/audition requirements. Up to $10,000. GPA-not stated. For ages 15 to 18