- Students, it is a known fact that searching and applying for scholarships takes time. So if you want money to help pay for college or vocational-technical school, then be prepared to do the work. Individuals and organizations who give away free money are not just going to hand it over, you have to work for it.
- There are many success stories of students who have gotten their college or vocational-technical school education either partially or fully paid for through scholarships. There are no limits on how many scholarships you can apply for. Simply, the more scholarships you apply for, the better.
- Further down this page, look at the following suggested websites to search and apply for scholarships.
Below, you will find some featured scholarships. New scholarships will be updated periodically.
Scholarship Search Engines and Scholarship Programs
- Scholly– A mobile app that provides students with a fast and simple way to find scholarships for college. (Created by Christopher Gray, a Coca-Cola Scholar!)
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Cappex – A free website where you can learn which colleges want you, before you apply and learn about more than $11 billion in merit aid scholarships.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search.
- HS Finder (Hispanic Scholarship Fund) – Scholarship information for Latino students.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund – Provides scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund– The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- American Indian College Fund – Provides Native American students with scholarships and financial support for the nation’s 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities.
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- Back to School Scholarships – Fastweb Back To School Scholarship List
- List of available scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
- Scholarship Themes – List of FastWeb Scholarship Themes
- List of themed scholarships to jump start the scholarship search
- Counselors & Students are encouraged to create a FastWeb account to receive constant updates
Organizations that offer Scholarships
FAMU FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
All incoming and current students can sign-up to be matched to all donor-based scholarships available through the FAMU Foundation. Students can go to www.famuscholarships.com using their current iRattler credentials.
African American Scholarships (various areas)
The Big Sun Scholarships (Students on Sports Teams)
AES Engineering Scholarships (Essay)
Josh Gibson Foundation Scholarship (Baseball Essay)